[vlc-devel] jvlc-0.9.0-20080309-linux_x86-32.jar

Filippo Carone filippo at carone.org
Wed Mar 26 00:00:46 CET 2008

Jorge Henriques (DEI) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to build a java application using jvlc, in order to
> capture and stream media contents.
> However, after adding this new jvlc jar to the project in netbeans and
> trying to instanciate a JVLC object, i got this:
>
> /Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable
> to load library 'libvlc-control': liblibvlc-control.so: cannot open
>         at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:114)
>         at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:157)
>         at com.sun.jna.Library$Handler.<init>(Library.java:123)
>         at com.sun.jna.Native.loadLibrary(Native.java:260)
>         at com.sun.jna.Native.loadLibrary(Native.java:246)
>         at org.videolan.jvlc.internal.LibVlc.<clinit>(LibVlc.java:41)
>         at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLC.<init>(JVLC.java:45)
>         at stmodwapp.control.ModuleVS3.run(ModuleVS3.java:167)
>
> /I don't know what i missbed... i don't know why it didn't load the
> libvlc-control library. Could you help me, plz?

Hi Jorge,
I'm putting vlc-devel in CC since these kind of mails may also help
other users.

Java can't find libvlc-control probably because it's not in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Try to run

ldconfig -p | grep libvlc-control

and see it is listed there. If not configure your ldconfig properly
(perhaps by editing ld.so.conf), or put libvlc-control in a path
reachable by linker (for example, /usr/lib).

Cheers,
Filippo