[vlc-devel] commit: testapi.c: Use ../../modules too. (Pierre d'Herbemont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Fri Mar 28 15:27:53 CET 2008

Le Friday 28 March 2008 16:21:50 Pierre d'Herbemont, vous avez écrit :
> >> testapi.c: Use ../../modules too.
> >
> > Hmm??? modules are always in ../modules !
>
> Not on jones. vlc is in .libs/vlc so the relative starts from here.

So? --plugin-path is supposed to be relative to the CWD, not to the VLC
binary. As it happens tests are run from src/, hence ../modules/.

> > Also, modules are built after src/, so modules/ is empty when
> > running the
> > testsuite. Besides, many modules are _not_ always built.
>
> well, make check is run after the module on our buildbot... So that's
> a good start.
>
> But good point, I need to think about that a bit more. Some core
> functions are not testable without some proper modules. (file playback
> needs some modules). So...

That's an easy one, just move libvlc-control and its test suite out of src/
into something that's built AFTER modules/.

Still, should try to play a file format which is guaranteed to be supported,
_not_ Ogg Vorbis, and force an "harmless" audio output, e.g. file.

http://www.remlab.net/