[vlc-devel] Warning Fix: misc/vlm.c: In function 'vlm_MediaControl': WARNING Fix: misc/vlm.c: 1264: unused variable 'val'

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sun Mar 30 15:44:11 CEST 2008

On Mar 30, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Ibraheem P wrote:
> misc/vlm.c: In function 'vlm_MediaControl':
> WARNING : misc/vlm.c: 1264:  unused variable 'val'

Hi!

> This is a simple warning fix, I found many warnings on Fedora 6
> platform and will show the patches very soon. will you accept such
> warning fixes as the proof of compilation?

Yes, I think we do. Note that what you did send is not a patch, and
that makes impossible for us to review it, or to commit it. And we do
require proper patch sending (see [1] as an howto). You'll need to
familiarize with Git [2] too.

[1] http://wiki.videolan.org/Git#Submitting_patches_to_the_vlc-devel
[2] http://wiki.videolan.org/Git

> I have submitted the application for the project 'bluetooth remote
> controller' to the GSoC. I am late to submit the patches and
> application due to my university examination that was upto 28th March.

Thanks & Cool!

Pierre.