[vlc-devel] configure: error: Missing header file ffmpeg/avcodec.h.

Anthony Loiseau thannoy at actech-innovation.com
Mon Mar 31 09:58:41 CEST 2008

Hi,

For avcodec.h, you should try to install libavcodec-dev package.
Having a look to ./configure --help (using 0.9.0):
"""
--enable-shared[=PKGS]  build shared libraries [default=yes]
[...]
"""
But I have not seen any "--enable-pp" nor "--enable-shared-pp" switches. And
I have not seen any "--enable-shared-*", I think --enable-shared[=PKGS] have
to be used instead, but seems enable by default.

regards,
Anthony Loiseau

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Ibraheem P <ibraheemp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> configure: error: Missing header file ffmpeg/avcodec.h.
>
> I've installed ffmpeg, but still this occurs. While trying ./configure
> --enable-shared --enable-shared-pp --enable-pp --enable-gpl, it does not
> support both --enable-shared-pp and --enable-pp, so configured it without
> these two options. How resolve this problem.
>
> --
> Regards
> Ibraheem

Anthony LOISEAU