[vlc-devel] VLC_ADD_BUILTINS is broken

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Thu May 1 10:02:12 CEST 2008

Le Thursday 01 May 2008 00:50:44 Felix Paul Kühne, vous avez écrit :
> I've just noticed that VLC_ADD_BUILTINS is broken in configure.ac
> since the recent rework.

VLC_ADD_BUILTINS is broken at least since 9a4101d72b (over two months ago).
And from my personal earlier attempt to use it, it was already broken long
before that. Mixing builtins and plugins stopped working with shared libvlc,
about TWO YEARS ago.

> This basically means that the following
> modules cannot be compiled: live555, macosx interface, ffmpeg, macosx
> audio output, goom, dvdread, ts de/muxer, macosx video output, plus a
> couple of audio converters and codecs.

I don't know what counterfeit variant of the build system you're using,
live555, ffmpeg, ts, mux_ts and all the audio converters work. I don't build
dvdread but I'm pretty sure it works too.

http://www.remlab.net/