[vlc-devel] Summer of Code: GUI interfaces for the browsers plug-ins

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at empiatech.com
Sat May 3 03:33:35 CEST 2008

http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/presentations/speaker/speaker.xhtml#foil05
> > and hit 'A' (shift-A) with focus on the browser
> window. An external
> > window should open; see the other "slides" for
> details.
> >
> > Here, there are two videos with two sets of
> controls each (this only
> > works with the VLC Mozilla plugin), one to control
> the speaker's view,
> > the other to remote-control the audience's view
> (click the "init"
> > button to activate the progress bar). Play around
> with them. You can
> > even click into the progress bar to seek within
> the video.
>
> 1st i needed to deactivate noscript.
>
> there were no sliders or progress bars.
>
> then firefox crashed, ff 3 beta 5, vlc 0.8.6f
>
> so i don't understand what you wanted to show.

I can imagine that all that is quite alot work (where
writing the actual plugin is the least!! work of all).
I wrote a mozilla plugin a few years ago and stumbled
over alot issues .. the final issue which kept me away
was that the conclusion was FF will not have a stable
plugin mechanism for years.

Best is to use a symbol enabled firefox build and
submit the coredumps and backtraces when something
crashes or looks weird.

Markus