[vlc-devel] vlc program abort while playing TV channel

Gilles Sabourin gilles.sabourin at free.fr
Mon May 5 10:50:42 CEST 2008

Le Monday 05 May 2008 10:19:04 Anthony Loiseau, vous avez écrit :
> Hi
>
> I think your rtsp 201 link refers to freebox TF1 stream which is no longer
> available (restricted as well as M6 since 3 or 4 months)
>
> regards

Hello Anthony,

This rtsp 201 link refers to france2 stream and is perfectly suitable with vlc
0.8.6f.

Don't bother with that. From April 12th until now vlc 0.9 code has evolved a
lot. I'll wait for code stabilization around plugins and access to rtsp
demuxer again.

This is this morning vlc-beta status about rtsp streaming :

[00000722] main access debug: connection succeeded (socket = 13)
[00000722] access_realrtsp access debug: rtsp connected
[00000722] access_realrtsp access warning: only real/helix rtsp servers
supported for now
[00000722] main access warning: no access module matching "rtsp" could be
loaded
[00000721] main input error: open of
`rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/stream?id=201' failed: could not
create access

Of course, due the last vlc code evolution, my question is outdated. I'll have
a look later.

Greetings,
Gilles