[vlc-devel] var_Set returns variable not found

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Mon May 5 18:17:05 CEST 2008

I was able to get a little further in my attempt at setting variables
in plugins. My first test is to change the marquee text. I am using
functions exposed in libvlc-control in my application but now I have
tried some of the functions in libvlc itself to do this. The code
below seems to be in the right direction. I do get a valid object from
VLC_OBJECT_FIND_NAME, at least a valid pointer. But the call to
var_Set returns -30 which is variable not found.

vlc_object_t* MainObject = vlc_object_get((vlc_object_t*)NULL, 0);
vlc_object_t* Plugin = vlc_object_find_name(MainObject, "marq", FIND_ANYWHERE);
vlc_value_t lValue;
lValue.psz_string = "Jacques Boileau";
int lRet = var_Set( Plugin, "marq-marquee", lValue );

To make sure a marquee at least exist I have added this to my media descritptor

libvlc_media_descriptor_add_option(aLibVLCMediaDescriptor,
":sub-filter=marq", &lLibVLCException);

If anyone has any hints to help me move forward it would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jacques Boileau