[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_descriptor_add_option and :vout-filter problem

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Wed May 7 15:33:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

In an attempt to use filters with libvlc I have tried simply adding
the option to my media descriptor with
libvlc_media_descriptor_add_option. Ex ":vout-filter=magnify". At
least this should work fine for filters I do not need to interact
with.

But the problem I have is that it only works on the first media
descriptor/play. For example if I create a media descriptor without a
":vout" option, play it, then create a new media descriptor with a
":vout-filter=magnify" option and play this new one, I will not get
the magnify filter. The reverse is also true. If I create a first
media descriptor with the filter option I will get the magnify filter,
but if I play a second media descriptor without any filter option the
magnify filter will stay enabled.

The only solution I have found that works is to release an recreate
the libvlc_media_instance on every play. :-(

Anything I can do about this?

Thanks,

--
Jacques Boileau