[vlc-devel] main libvlc error: input item... when calling libvlc_release

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Thu May 8 23:07:18 CEST 2008

When I close my application I get an assert when calling
libvlc_release. I have been able to capture the log messages and the
final message is:

[00000001] main libvlc error: input item 022BFDD0 has not been deleted properly:
 refcount 1, name test.avi

The test.avi is the avi I was playing. I will get this message as many
times as I have started the avi file. If I do more than one play/stop
of the file, I will get as many similar messages as plays I have done.

This message is generated by line 1004 of libvlc-common.c. I do
release my media and media player with respective calls to
libvlc_media_release and libvlc_media_player_release calls.

What am I missing?

This does not happen with much older 0.9.0 builds (January). On the
other hand many changes have been done since then.

--
Jacques Boileau