[vlc-devel] main libvlc error: input item... when calling libvlc_release

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Mon May 12 16:31:18 CEST 2008

Hi Pierre,

>(Just a note, you may want to use also the "--ignore-config" vlc
>option, so that local vlc config won't interfer)

Good tip, will use it from now on. Thanks.

I have been doing some more tests this morning. And in response to your inquiry:

> > Is the problem really related to the number of options, or to the
> > options used?

Here is the behaviour this morning:

1. Without any call to libvlc_media_add_option: assert on
libvlc_media_player_stop. (internals->i_refcount > 0 in misc/objects.c
line 845)
2. With only the option (":sout=#duplicate{dst=display}") assert on
libvlc_release. (in file libvlc-common.c line 1008)
3. With only the option (":sout-all") assert on
libvlc_media_player_stop. (internals->i_refcount > 0 in misc/objects.c
line 845)
4. With both options assert on libvlc_release. (in file
libvlc-common.c line 1008)
All above tests but with 2 more options added (test 1 is with these 2
new options only): same results always.

the two new options where: ":sout-ts-es-id-pid" and ":sout-ts-use-key-frames"

I have also tried removing some of the options to libvlc_new keeping
only the path to plugins and "--intf=dummy". I get the same results
except that assert "internals->i_refcount > 0 in misc/objects.c line
845" are now access violations.

Strange, I could get it to work properly on Friday without the
(":sout=#duplicate{dst=display}") but now I get the i_refcount assert
in this case!

I hope this helps. It does not seem to be related to the number of
options but more with the option (":sout=#duplicate{dst=display}").
Let me know of any other test you can think of to help pin point the
problem. Also, if you come to the conclusion that its not a libvlc
problem but a core problem, who would be the correct developer to
contact?

I will download the latest build and give it a spin. See if the
behavior is any different. I will also reboot and try again, I can't
understand why I am getting these errors on stop that I didn't have on
Friday.

Jacques

--
Jacques Boileau