[vlc-devel] commit: Remove playlist destructor ( Rafaël Carré )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Wed May 14 21:48:48 CEST 2008

On May 14, 2008, at 9:38 PM, git version control wrote:

> vlc | branch: master | Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org> | Wed May
> 14 21:39:21 2008 +0200| [3d7eabaf80eb76dc2111f399aec6586d1b0094a8]
>
> Remove playlist destructor
>
> We need to do stuff BEFORE the playlist is destroyed

That part was fine. There is no need to remove that.

Moreover now the preparse and fetcher object are now leaked.

Note, that the whole point of refcounting is that you release stuff
when no one need them. Now at whatever point they'll be released you
potentially have a crashy situation, where an object that as a
reference on it, and tries to access that members.

I would suggest to revert :) Or could you explain why you do that?

Pierre.