[vlc-devel] Compiled VLC with Cygwin! Thanks Jean-Baptiste Kempf!

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Wed May 14 23:23:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

Just want to take a minute and thank Jean-Baptiste Kempf for his well
written and accurate walkthrough on compiling VLC with Cygwin. It
worked very well for me and I was able to get VLC compiled and running
in a few hours! I now will be able to provide Dr Mingw traces when I
get a crash which should prove useful to the VLC developers.

One major 'thank you' for including the possible errors and fixes at
the end. I do have Avira Anti-Vir running on my PC and was getting the
error: cannot create temporary file for diversion: Permission denied.
Without your tip I would have wasted a lot of time trying to figure
this one out.

I now feel in a better position to debug, communicate errors, and who
knows maybe contribute to VLC!

--
Jacques Boileau