[vlc-devel] Compile VLC with Cygwin

Minh Son TRAN minh-son.tran at medialive.com
Thu May 15 14:52:34 CEST 2008

Dear all,
I try to send several messages concerning this problem, but for some
results, my message can not be sent to the mailing list.
So my problems are the followings while compiling vlc 0.9.0-git:
1- Telnet inteface is not available: When starting the compiled vlc with
"vlc -I telnet", I can see the vlc run in the background, but when I try
to connect to it using the dafaut port 4212, I can see VLC asks for the
password, but immediately, the connection is lost.
2- Live555 is not available: Although I used the option
--enabled-live555 with the proper path, I cannot open a RTSP stream
Thank you very much for your help
Son TRAN