[vlc-devel] commit: Hide i_children and pp_children away ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

git version control git at videolan.org
Fri May 16 18:06:19 CEST 2008

vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org> | Fri May 16 17:59:03 2008 +0300| [8dba805732a431558c1218104dfeb667d9b5df63]

Hide i_children and pp_children away

They can only be read safely under the Big Structure Lock in
src/misc/objects.c, so it makes no sense for them to be public.

By the way, making i_children volatile wouldn't magically solve
thread-safety issues. The only correct use of volatile is in dealing
with asynchronous changes _within_ the same thread, such as signal
handling.

P.S.: I wish modules were not objects, and I wonder why they are
(they don't don't use threads, nor plugins, nor variables)

> http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/vlc.git/?a=commit;h=8dba805732a431558c1218104dfeb667d9b5df63
---

 include/vlc_common.h  |    2 -
 src/libvlc-common.c   |    2 +-