[vlc-devel] can't receive live video stream

sam daugh paintedchicken at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 17:49:49 CEST 2008

thanks for responding. yeah, we kept the information the same on both. we tried variations of how to input the media resource locator info.

just what exactly should i switch the transcoding to? there were several options as i recall.

i am thinking the problem must be with the sending machine, or possibly the network. Three machines and neither one picked up anything. The Mac at least gave us an error message... two actually.. one which said it couldn't prefill the buffer (so we got onto the media resource thing) then after that it said there wasn't access to module, socket couldn't be opened.

we took down all the firewalls (with exception of the linux box, we gave up on it altogether bc it was really over our heads)

whenn i go back down to the site i hope i have several things to try out... this should be simple, right?