[vlc-devel] maximum size for a single frame

Howard changhoward1980 at aol.com
Tue May 20 16:36:20 CEST 2008

Hi all,

           I was wondering if there is any limitation in terms of the size
of a single Intra-Frame?

           I am using VLC 0.8.6c and it's working fine with the size of a
single Intra-Frame less than 64KB.

           If the size of the Intra-Frame grow up to something like
80KB~90KB, the picture quality becomes very bad, a lot of mosaics.

           Is there any limitation? Or maximum buffer size for a single
frame?

           The video stream was encoded by MPEG-4 (ffmpeg) and in TS
container format. I'm running VLC on windows XP SP2.

           Any information will be much appreciated.

           Thank you in advance.

           //=================================//

           Debug information as following.

ffmpeg warning: ac-tex damaged at 24 3

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: Error at MB: 147

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg debug: concealing 1105 DC, 1105 AC, 1105 MV errors

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: ac-tex damaged at 32 15

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: Error at MB: 647

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg debug: concealing 617 DC, 617 AC, 617 MV errors

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: ac-tex damaged at 31 15

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: Error at MB: 646

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg debug: concealing 618 DC, 618 AC, 618 MV errors

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: ac-tex damaged at 30 15

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: Error at MB: 645

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg debug: concealing 619 DC, 619 AC, 619 MV errors

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: ac-tex damaged at 29 15

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: Error at MB: 644

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg debug: concealing 620 DC, 620 AC, 620 MV errors

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: ac-tex damaged at 30 15

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: Error at MB: 645

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg debug: concealing 619 DC, 619 AC, 619 MV errors

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: ac-tex damaged at 29 15

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: Error at MB: 644

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg debug: concealing 620 DC, 620 AC, 620 MV errors

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: ac-tex damaged at 30 15

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: Error at MB: 645

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg debug: concealing 619 DC, 619 AC, 619 MV errors

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: ac-tex damaged at 18 3

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg warning: Error at MB: 141

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ffmpeg debug: concealing 1111 DC, 1111 AC, 1111 MV errors

 (mpeg4 at 00B8F890)

ts debug: eof ?

main debug: EOF reached

main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty

main debug: closing input

ts debug: pid list:

ts debug:   - pid[0] seen

ts debug:   - pid[17] seen