[vlc-devel] subpicture channels and vout_ShowTextAbsolute

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:17:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to implement an API to display text over the video. I am
trying to use vout_ShowTextAbsolute which seems to be the right
candidate for the job. But the concept of channels is a bit obscure to
me. My needs are to have more than one zone of text. For example lets
say I want text in the four corners. If I call vout_ShowTextAbsolute
with the correct flags for the 4 corners but use DEFAULT_CHAN for the
channel (which is 1), only the last corner set will have text the
others will probably have been deleted by the subsequent calls to
vout_ShowTextAbsolute. If I use 2 as the channel number for all 4
calls I will then see all my text in each corner. If I try using other
channel numbers nothing is displayed. Can someone shed some light on
subpicture channels? Is vout_ShowTextAbsolute the way to go to display
overlaid text?

Thanks,

--
Jacques Boileau