[vlc-devel] [PATCH] RealVideo Support
jb at videolan.org
Fri May 23 06:01:14 CEST 2008
I just have a few random questions, and many of them are cosmetic. :D
- Can you split the rstp part and the realvideo part or are they linked
too much ? Same for the realvideo decoder and the demuxer
- Why do you remove the AC_CHECK_FUNCS on uselocale ?
- Why is RtspReadAndSkip( ) returning int if you never check the return
value and always return 0 ? Why not void ?
- I think that
> + if( psz ) free( psz );
can be used as free( psz ) in vlc. So, the modifications on that are
useless... This was discussed on this mailing list before, IIRC.
- Why removing intf_UserFatal ? (this might be a good idea, btw)
- Why removing case ACCESS_GET_CONTENT_TYPE: ?
- Some changes in rtsp/real.c are just adding trailing spaces on the
lines. Please remove those.
- Why this change :
> - ptr1=(uint8_t*)(key+16);
> - ptr2=(uint8_t*)(key+20);
> + ptr1=(key+16);
> + ptr2=(key+20);
Same for this one:
> - rtsp_send_ok( rtsp_session );
> - free( challenge1 );
> - free( alert );
> - free( buf );
> + rtsp_send_ok(rtsp_session);
> + if( challenge1 ) free(challenge1);
> + if( alert ) free(alert);
> + if( buf ) free(buf);
And that one ?
> - if( rtsp_read_data(rtsp_session, (uint8_t*)description, size) <= 0)
> + if( rtsp_read_data(rtsp_session, description, size) <= 0)
Or that one (cosmetic) ?
> - desc->stream = malloc(sizeof(sdpplin_stream_t*)*desc->stream_count);
> - handled=1;
> - data=nl(data);
> + desc->stream = malloc(sizeof(sdpplin_stream_t*)*desc->stream_count);
> + handled=1;
> + data=nl(data);
- On realvideo.c there is a realaudio.c header. Copyright dates are
- on that part, you should look at the realaudio.c file, because it
looks in more parts, but that is a detail.
> +#ifdef WIN32
> +const char *g_decode_path="plugins\\drv43260.dll";
> +const char *g_decode_path="../lib/vlc/codec/drv4.so.6.0";
- Check mallocs ?
> + decoder_sys_t *p_sys = malloc( sizeof( decoder_sys_t ) );
- I think you add unnecessary includes in your patch (stdlib, for
- +#if 1 ?
- Please comment in english...
> + // ÕâÀïÊ¹ÓÃStreamµÄpositionÀ´¶¨£¬Ê¹ÓÃframeºÍdruationÓ¦¸Ã¸ü¾«×¼£¡
- You have many commented lines that you add, why ?
This was just randomed questions, I may be wrong, too...
This patch is looking like an old patch here that was never included
because it wasn't clean enough IIRC, and that I was unable to make work
on linux... If we can make it that would be great.... :D
Thanks a lot for the work.
More information about the vlc-devel