[vlc-devel] commit: This is still 0.8.6g ( Felix Paul Kühne )

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat May 24 18:01:10 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 03:35:33PM +0200, Felix Paul Kühne wrote :
> On 24.05.2008, at 15:05, hannes_b at gmx.at wrote:
> > i suggest a binary installer too and post it on the website, like
> > you did on the older releases for years.
>
> That's exactly what we are going to do, but j-b and myself noticed
> that the contribs for Windows and Mac OS X needed a larger upgrade,
> which was done last night. We are currently working on release builds,
> which will hit the mirrors by the end of the week-end including an
> updated tarball reflecting the changes.
I have to backup feepk here. We (I) have had many difficulties with the
building of contribs because of the usual issues (gcc, ffmpeg img_ ) so
we decided to updated those.

> Since the source code release of the current 0.8.6g code base didn't
> get much attention due to the lack of announcements on our main
> website and more importantly the lack of binaries for our major user
> base, I don't see a reason to label this release 0.8.6h just to print
> the news update "Updated contribs, faster with more features".
I here, disagree. 0.8.6g has been released. Some distro are using it and
some users complains about the playlist bug.
I am for 0.8.6h.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf