[vlc-devel] libvlc and VOD

M&Ms M&Ms aimnms at hotmail.com
Mon May 26 15:09:41 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am confused with libvlc and vod.

In libvlc_vlm I found :
libvlc_vlm_del_media : Enable or disable a media (VOD or broadcast).

But I didn't find any add_vod function, the only one is :
libvlc_vlm_add_broadcast

So I would like to set up a vod server with libvlc, (like with : vlc -I telnet --rtsp-host 0.0.0.0:5554 and then "new Test vod enabled" "setup Test input my_video.mpg" with a telnet connection).

I miss a libvlc_vlm_add_vod function or another way to do it, and a --rtsp-host option with libvlc.

Note : There is a reference to libvlc_vlm_add_vod on http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Hacker%27s_Guide/VLM_Internals
But this functions doesnt exists and is not referenced anywhere else...

Thank you