[vlc-devel] Changes to libvlc_new? libvlc_run_interface?

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Fri May 30 15:29:16 CEST 2008

Thanks Rafaël you pointed me in the right direction. There must have
been changes in how the plugin path is handled in the last few weeks.
At least it is different than it was in the May 15 sources. I have the
install path for VLC in the registry and that seemed to be sufficient.
Although I also had the path to the plugins as the first option, not
as a --plugin-path option, just the path as the first option to
libvlc_new. Anyway the important thing I discovered this morning is
that it works with the --plugin-path option but *only* if the path is
with forward slashes ('/') *not* backslashes ('\') which is how paths
are handled in Windows. This is a bit of a hurdle but certainly not
insurmountable. :-) At least I am back on track, thanks!

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org> wrote:
> 2008/5/29 jboileau <jboileau at gmail.com>:
>
>> Movie - Movie - looking for memcpy module: 0 candidates
>
>> Movie - Movie - looking for access module: 0 candidates
>
>> Movie - Movie - looking for interface module: 0 candidates
>
>> Movie - Movie - looking for interface module: 0 candidates
>
>> Movie - Movie - looking for access_demux module: 0 candidates
>
>> Movie - Movie - looking for access module: 0 candidates
>
> Did you specify --plugin-path ?
>
> VLC (and libvlc) is unusable without any plugins
>
> --
> Rafaël Carré

Jacques Boileau