[vlc-devel] Creating a video-filter with var_SetString and finding it with vlc_object_find_name

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Fri May 30 16:02:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

Shouldn't this work?

p_filter = (vlc_object_t *) vlc_object_find_name( p_vout, "adjust",
FIND_ANYWHERE );
if (!p_filter)
{
     var_SetString( p_vout, "video-filter", "adjust" );
     p_filter = (vlc_object_t *) vlc_object_find_name( p_vout,
"adjust", FIND_ANYWHERE );
}
var_SetInteger( p_filter, "hue", 200);

If the filter was created using ":video-filter=adjust" option, it will
be found by the first vlc_object_find_name and it will work fine. But
if it does not exist it gets greated by the var_SetString but is never
found by the subsequent call to vlc_object_find_name. My intention is
of course to create the filter on the fly if it had not been created,
before setting its parameters. Am I approaching this the wrong way?

--
Jacques Boileau