[vlc-devel] Help offer: Adding a filter access API to libvlc

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Fri May 30 17:50:16 CEST 2008

Hi,

I guess this offer is probably directed more at Pierre d'Herbemont,
but I welcome anyone's input. I wish to add access to filters in
libvlc. There is no API presently to do this and I would like to add
one. I have done some preliminary tests with video filters by adding a
function in video.c and was able to control the filters I need. But
before going any further I would like your opinions on how to do
things, what the API sould look like. I'll present one to be
discussed. Of course my intentions are to develop something that can
be integrated in libvlc for everyone's benefit. But first a few
questions:

1. Is this mailing the right place to offer ones help?
2. Is an extension to the libvlc API to access filters a desired addition?
3. If yes, is it ok that this be done by myself?

I'll respect any decision from the VLC team on this. I'll wait for
answers on these questions before going any further with discussions.
There is certainly no need to discuss how the API should look like if
there is no interest in adding it. If you need more details please
ask.

--
Jacques Boileau