[vlc-devel] input.c locking

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Tue Nov 4 13:45:02 CET 2008

Quoting Laurent Aimar <fenrir at via.ecp.fr>:

>  Inverting in vlm.c the lines
> p_instance->p_sout = input_DetachSout( p_input );
>  and
> vlc_thread_join( p_input );
>  should fix the bug.
>
> A assert inside input_DetachSout that checks on b_dead would be welcomed.

ok, thank you for the answer. I agree with that, but isn't it useless?
I mean, what's the point of detaching sout to delete it just after, as it would
be deleted in destructor ?
Another thing : In case of failure in Init (input.c) sout is deleted. But then
b_sout_keep can't work anymore. Could we remove sout_DeleteInstance in case of
Init error, as it would be deleted in destructor anyway. Then, one may use
input_DetachSout before killing this thread.