[vlc-devel] Bug #2257 (plugins linkage issue)

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Fri Nov 14 14:20:41 CET 2008

Hello all

I did some digging around the plugins linkage issue. IMO, there are two
main ways of solving this issue :
- reverting 42b58e873a9d91, or at least tweaking it so that it only
applies when static linking is activated, since it is the main bug it
(incompletely) solves.
- hacking the libvlc init code to force loading of libvlcore if it
detects it is missing. As said, it is a hack, but it could work (I did
not try to really implement it though, I really prefer the first
solution).

Any opinions on this?

Olivier