[vlc-devel] mpeg2 video encoding

Anton Kapela tkapela at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 15:23:41 CET 2008

2008/11/14 Roman Pen <r.peniaev at gmail.com>:

> I've checked your sample. (jungle store? :)
> Evrth works fine with encoder initialization fix.
> So, you can build vlc yourself, or just wait for patch applying.
> (seems, infinite waiting)

It was a short capture from this little thing we did two weeks ago:

http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/11/04/1530251&from=rss

( more info at the top of http://cable.doit.wisc.edu/ )

Video is down now, as the plants bloom is finished and everything has
been cleaned up..

Point was to make it clear to the public that VLC isn't just a toy and
that x264 can help high-quality video reach alot of of people, while
not consuming large amounts of bits to do it. Of course various bugs
and such rained on the parade, so to speak. That's why we're chatting
now. ;)

-Tk