[vlc-devel] Dropping support for Qt4.2

Dominique Leuenberger dominique at leuenberger.net
Tue Nov 25 07:41:44 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 22:27 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Hello people.
>
> I am just thinking of dropping Qt4.2 for 1.0 and keep compatibility for
> Qt4.3 an up.
>
> Strong oppositions?

What release-date are we anticipating for the 1.0 release?

openSUSE 10.2 is shipped with Qt 4.2 (well, was shipped). It is still in
the official support cycle until the end of this year; so from this
perspective we CAN drop support for this platform afterward too.

>From 10.3 on there was Qt 4.3.1 available. Support for it should be
approx 9 months longer.

So you see, no 'strong' opposition from my side.

Dominique