[vlc-devel] Dynamic rendering for Kate streams

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:16:43 CET 2008

Hi,

new version with feedback incorporated.

Also attached is a preliminary patch to implement notification
of user preference change, so changes are taken into account
when the user prefs dialogue is closed, rather than having to
restart the stream (and recreate the decoder).

I'm attaching this as preliminary because of the method I use,
the only one I found that would actually do what I need.
I store a global list of decoders, and walk through them when
I get a notification from a callback set in the module add_...
statements.

I've asked before if there was a better way, but there were no
answers, so I timed out and went with this. What I don't get
is that pretty much any plugin that exposes variables will
want to do that for prefs that can be changed at runtime, so
I'm feeling I'm missing something here.

So, I can either merge the two patches and send as one, or
if that method isn't ok, keep the first patch alone.
I also looked at the freetype module someone pointed to, and
I'm now using its list method for colors - I had misunderstood
the comment about hex values, and thought the user was
supposed to enter hex values direct.

Thanks