[vlc-devel] Wrong RTSP mime type

Roman Pen r.peniaev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 10:33:41 CET 2008

Rémi Denis-Courmont пишет:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:44:47 +0300, Roman Pen <r.peniaev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If I start streaming video from mp4v file with runtime
>> transcoding to mp2v, client receives RTSP DESCRIBE response
>> with MP4V-ES/90000 mime type. So, vlc client shows nothing.
>
>> Maybe you, experienced guys, know the correct solution?
>
> Does it work with broadcast instead of vod?
> (To date, vod remains a severely damaged hack)

Definitely. This is a RTSP implementation problem.
If RTSP client asks about media description, vlc
server will send media type in DESCRIBE response
according to the input codec, but must send according
to transcode vcodec (i.e. output). (am I wrong?)

Is it possible to find out an output codec from
rtsp.c ? I.e. does vlc have any interface between
different modules? When rtsp module recieves DESCRIBE
response for some media, it can dynamically resolve
an output codec and then can send correct response.
My newbie point of view :)

--
Roman Pen