[vlc-devel] JVLC issues

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 21:33:30 CEST 2008

Hi JVLC Team,

Just another reminder about media support using JVLC. I downloaded the vlc nightly as of a day ago and I still get videos that do not work in JVLC using the Media Player object but work just fine using playlist object.

Also, the same videos play just fine in same build of VLC that does not work in JVLC. I downloaded the .zip version and copied the plugins and other dlls to my eclipse project for testing.

Is there some way to get back the missing functionality you had prior to using media player and playlist objects? You removed full screen and being able to track video position without using media player. Instead of deprecating you removed functionality in that case. Could you use JNA to hook back into fullscreen mode and position control of the video?

Regards,
-Tony