[vlc-devel] sourceforge project which uses libvlc

Bill C. Riemers briemers at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 16:06:19 CEST 2008

I figured this might be an interest to vlc developers.  I just posted
source code for a uri based filesystem.   The current implementation
uses libvlc for streaming URLs.   Which means for vlc developers, it is
useful as a way to stress test the network code with-in vlc...   The
project is hosted at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/urifs

This is a new project, I haven't even posted a homepage for it yet.
Example usage of the code is as follows:

mkdir streams.videolan.org
urifs http://streams.videolan.org streams.videolan.org
vlc streams-videolan/reference/avi/shrekaraoke-DivX-AC3.avi#

More generically one could do:

mkdir uri
urifs "" uri
vlc uri/http:/%/streams-videolan/reference/avi/shrekaraoke-DivX-AC3.avi#