[vlc-devel] Mac OS X command-line for streaming plays audio on host computer instead

Dave Still dave at stilldesigning.com
Fri Oct 3 21:49:26 CEST 2008

If I had the git numbers, I would give them to you.  I used the
nightly builds to track down to the best of my ability when streaming
stopped working.  I am attempting to build several git archives from
source to see if I can narrow it down further, but contribs is not
buliding due to patches breaking (this is a recurring issue, btw,
which will probably keep happening as long as contribs links to HEAD
for projects instead of a specific revision, but I digress).  Assuming
that the break did happen on 8/13/2008, I perused the logs to try and
find some potential causes:

http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=commit;h=7f0b979cf1e631a42a29f1b6259eef5d8c48876d
  - Avoid to leak to many things on es stream output (and fix a
compilation warning)
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=commit;h=72676243da6f631bdcf063a5584c672364510103
  - Revert "Add Private Stream 1 case according to the norm."

These commits may or may not have anything to do with the issue, but
they are the only commits on that day that mention streaming.  I am
not a c/c++ developer; there is only so much I can do.  I'm fairly
adept at building apps from source and even hacking around compile
errors and I think I provide fairly good detailed bug reports, but
I've reached my limit.  I could really use some help here.

- Dave