[vlc-devel] Mac OS X command-line for streaming plays audio on host computer instead

Dave Still dave at stilldesigning.com
Sat Oct 4 21:48:14 CEST 2008

git numbers for the VLC versions checked:

vlc-git-intel-20080813-0048.zip		git commit 3f9a678b31 - video_text:
Fix a bad vasprintf usage.
vlc-git-intel-20080814-0314.zip		git commit 72676243da - ffmpeg
changed offset_t to int64_t in svn rev15533. Let's keep up with them.

I realize that there are quite a few commits between those, but given
that I am unable to build the contribs folder from this time frame,
it's the best I can do.  Obviously, this isn't very important given
the response I've gotten about this bug, and I'm really not sure why.
It is Video **LAN** Client; streaming is a major feature and it's been
broken for the last two releases.  Yes, I understand that there are
about 40+ commits in that time frame, and this takes time to go
through, even after filtering out the most unlikely candidates such as
translation updates, etc.  I'll keep trying to narrow it down, but
it's very frustrating to be told that a bug report isn't good enough
without reporting the ***EXACT COMMIT*** that caused the problem.

- Dave