[vlc-devel] Video out using OpenGL in 0.9?

Kaarlo Räihä agent_007 at luukku.com
Tue Oct 7 13:40:15 CEST 2008

hce kirjoitti 07.10.2008 kello 14:07:
> Hi,
>
> Does VLC support OpenGL for video out? I see that the --enable-opengl
> is enabled by default in VLC configuration and build. But, I could not
> see any GL functions running in GDB.
>
> Please advise if I can display text on video out screen or not?

Yes, VLC support OpenGL video output. I am not sure if all possible platforms support it, but at least Linux, Mac OS X and Windows have OpenGL video output module. But at least on Windows it is not default video output module so you have to select it via GUI or use commandline.

And yes, you can dislpay text on video output screen. Either use subtitle, marquee or RSS filter for that.