[vlc-devel] (Do) I need getIntf() for QT4 WM_APPCOMMAND mediakeys support

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Oct 10 17:31:09 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 06:16:40PM +0300, Kaarlo Räihä wrote :
> Hi. As some of you might already know, I am trying to add better mediakey support Win32 builds by handling WM_APPCOMMAND messages in QT4 and skins2 interface.
>
> With QT4 problem is, that reimplementing winEventFilter( MSG *msg, long *result ) doesn't allow me to bring any pointers or any other stuff to function via parameters and I need to have pointer to VLC internals so I can control it somehow. Skins2 has getIntf() which I assume allows me to avoid this issue.
>
> So is there something similar in VLC QT4 code or would it be against design choices of VLCs QT4 GUI? (it seems every function in qt4.cpp has vlc_object_t * or intf_thread_t * as parameter)
If you need it, do it...

What I don't get is what you need to do it for.

WM_APPCOMMAND are supposed to be ignored because up/down/mute audio keys
are supposed to control the system audio volume, not the application...

I don't get what you are trying to do, I have to say.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/