[vlc-devel] commit: Remove dummy embedded window exclusion ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Oct 21 17:18:51 CEST 2008

Le lundi 20 octobre 2008 23:51:45 Ilkka Ollakka, vous avez écrit :
> On ma 20. lokakuuta 2008 23:23:58, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > Le lundi 20 octobre 2008 23:19:23 git version control, vous avez écrit :
> > > vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com> |
> > > Mon Oct 20 23:18:30 2008 +0300|
> > > [c0998a10dfc31a7d9e08edb1ae1249ece6796329] | committer: Rémi
> > > Denis-Courmont
> > >
> > > Remove dummy embedded window exclusion
> > >
> > > Qt4 embedded breakage has nothing to do with X11 afterall.
> >
> > If you don't use --no-embedded-video, Qt4 will likely crash at exit. This
> > happens if the video output is destroyed _after_ the end of the Qt4
> > interface main loop. Personnaly, I don't know how to force the Qt4
> > interface main loop to keep running until the video is released, and stop
> > then (if requested).
>
> Is vout destroyed when video is stopped?

At the very moment, yes. Although, we probably will revert back to
pre-0.9-style vout "keeping" at some point (it was removed due to race
conditions in the implementation).

> then you could just ask qt4 interfaces inputmanager to stop in CloseEvent
> before accept(); ?

I don't know what this means. But currently the video widget events are
asynchronous, so posting the events is not sufficient - you need to wait for
them to be processed. Currently, this does not happen, hence the assertion
failure in ~VideoWidget().

http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary