[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0.0 status

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Oct 28 21:10:03 CET 2008

	Hello,

The merge window for 1.0.0 has been opened for 2 months.

On the feature front, we have:
- extended libvlc for Phonon support (is this complete?),
- lots of threading fixes and improvements (much fewer wakeups),
- enhanced record support, although without UI support (I think),
- ongoing E/S out enhancements and rework.

I wonder what the state of these;
- UPnP A/V support: updated patches?
- Windows Vista video thingy: updated patches?
- the media library: patches at all?
- VCR stuff: sorry, I lost track of it.
- other GSoC things: I don't remember seeing any.

I would not have mind some kind of feedback from the mentors. But since I
already complained about this once, there is no hope in doing it again.

On the bug side, the worst ones that I am aware of:
- broken transcode filtering (regression from 0.8.6),
- broken embedded video,
- broken DVD menus again (regression from 0.9),
- broken OSX port.

With all this said and pretty much no user-noticeable new features, I am
leaning against a feature freeze as yet. But release early, release often. At
on Linux, DVD menus are the only regression that I know. So I don't mind.

http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary