[vlc-devel] Mozilla plugin (current git master) defunct

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at videolan.org
Wed Oct 29 18:08:33 CET 2008

2008/10/29  <Justus-bulk at piater.name>:
> It seems that it cannot load any modules due to undefined symbols. I
> don't currently understand, however, why this is so: "ldd
> ~/.mozilla/plugins/libvlcplugin.so" lists the correct libvlccore.so.1,
> which does export httpd_RedirectDelete (the first unefined symbol
> below).
>
> ldd on libdvb_plugin.so does not list libvlccore.so.1; I'm not
> competent to say whether that matters. Suffice it to say that the
> standalone vlc program from the same build plays the movie flawlessly.

Since 1 or 2 weeks ago it's normal for the modules to not link to
libvlccore. It is because the main app ( vlc or the moz plugin) does
link to it so it'll be loaded in memory.

So check with ldd -r that libvlcplugin.so is really ok, check
/etc/ld.so.conf and rerun ldconfig.

If it's still not good, it might be that the vlc plugins don't see the
libvlccore loaded by libvlcplugin.so

--
Xtophe