[vlc-devel] Problem configuring vlc on linux. Need Help !!

Ishleen ishleen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 00:55:22 CEST 2008

Hi,
THanks for ur help!
I did re-install ffmpeg (apt-get install ffmpeg) and reconfigure and compile
vlc, but the problem is still there.
I did not re-install avcodec (libavcodec) . Please let me know. Do I need to
get the
new libavcodec library. Please help me let me know.!
Also, could this depend on the version of ubuntu.

--
Ishleen

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:33 AM, Derk-Jan Hartman <hartman at videolan.org>wrote:

> Your avcodec (part of ffmpeg) is crashing. That likely means that you
> are using h264 in a stream that the version of avcodec installed on
> your system cannot yet handle safely. You should consider upgrading
> ffmpeg/avcodec (and so should your distro)
>
> DJ
>
> On 31 aug 2008, at 21:48, Ishleen wrote:
> > Hello,
> > This is the trace, I get when I run vlc through GDB
> >
> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > [Switching to Thread -1307399280 (LWP 11302)]
> > 0xb24539aa in ?? () from /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.0d
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0xb24539aa in ?? () from /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.0d
> > #1  0x00000118 in ?? ()
> > #2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
> >

> > Please help me find and relove the error.
> >
> > --
> > Ishleen Kour
> >

> > On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 2:55 AM, Mirsal Ennaime <
> mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
> > > wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Ishleen <ishleen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Just one more piece of info.
> > > When I run
> > > ./vlc the player is opened for sure.(that means, it compiled well)
> > >Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > > Its when i give a url on rtsp, it says
> > > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> > >
> > > Any cluess ???
> >
> > Please build with --enable-debug and send a backtrace.
> >
> > --
> > Mirsal Ennaime
> >

> > --
> > Thanks and regards