[vlc-devel] commit: Fixed a big rtp demuxer. (Laurent Aimar )

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Wed Sep 3 09:19:42 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> On Tue,  2 Sep 2008 23:38:03 +0200 (CEST), git at videolan.org (git version
> control) wrote:
> > vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Tue Sep  2
> > 23:17:28 2008 +0200| [155614be656a8ae32310a792d3b39900bf06bfbe] |
> > committer: Laurent Aimar
> >
> > Fixed a big rtp demuxer.
>                          ^
>                           bug?
I meant to say "Fixed a bit rtp demuxer" :)

> > You should NOT remove caching to PTS to create PCR.
> > It was probably a workaround for the previous bug. It could explains
> > the problems with TS over RTP (for TS with small pcr/pts delay that is,
> > not created by VLC)
>
> TS does not go through that code path, only the _other_ payloads. It is
Yes but the *-caching for the TS demuxer comes from rtp.c.
It was 1000 times lower so nearly 0, with such low caching, VLC does not
work (you will have audio pts problems, frame skips, ...)

> used with plain MPEG Audio, MPEG Video, PCM or G.711. I will re-test later,
> but IIRC, the demuxer did not work at all without this substraction,
It did not work because the *-caching value returned was way too low,
substracting the caching was workarounding this issue (you were doing
the es_out job).

--
fenrir