[vlc-devel] VLC 0.9.2 status

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Sun Sep 7 22:39:13 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 07:38:40PM +0200, Antoine Cellerier wrote:
> It looks like all the release critical bugs have been fixed (at least in
> master). Since we don't want another messup like 0.9.0 or 0.9.1, I'd
> like to make sure that all the important issues are fixed before anyone
> tags 0.9.2 and we can at last make binary packages for Mac OS X and
> Windows.

Just please consider linking the Win32 binary with libmpeg-0.4.1 and not
libmpeg-0.5.1. The changes between those two versions are not that
critical IMHO, but using 0.4.1 avoids crashes on AR changes.

Using --codec=ffmpeg works just by coincidence better, as ffmpeg seems
to screw timing after AR change and VLC decides to drop the pictures
immediately following the change as late pictures. But the main problem
described in #1924 applies the same way - vout shouldn't be destroyed
and again re-created after AR change. This would need some more time to
implement, so I believe using libmpeg2-0.4.1 will be the easiest "fix"
for 0.9.2.

  With kind regards,

        M.