[vlc-devel] commit: Do not msleep to wait for a die order. (Laurent Aimar )

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Mon Sep 8 09:58:16 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Sun,  7 Sep 2008 22:31:31 +0200 (CEST), git at videolan.org (git version
> control) wrote:
> > vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Sun Sep  7
> > 22:34:07 2008 +0200| [8d0e42edea792212cca0098d8e247d134bb6e424] |
> > committer: Laurent Aimar
> >
> > Do not msleep to wait for a die order.
>
> BTW, why do we need to wait for this? If the thread has nothing to do, can
> it not simply exit early?
 I have to check, but I think it is because until playlist set b_die it can
call every functions it wants on the input.
 As the input thread does the unallocation itself (to match the allocation)
we wait for the die order.

 We could either move out the unallocation (but I really dislike non symetrical
behavior and it can take some times to be processed) or check input status in
functions applied to dead input.

But I am not sure it is worth it.

--
fenrir