[vlc-devel] vlc_object_signal removal

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Mon Sep 8 11:00:44 CEST 2008

Hello

> Snapshot support (vout_intf.c) is buggy, it fails to include any condition to
> loop on the waiting side.
Could you please elaborate on that ? I agree that the whole embedded
snapshot (for which I am to blame) is based on hacks (the use of an
intermediary object to exchange data, signals et al.), because of the
intent to factorize snapshot code instead of duplicating it. But it is
working.

I must be missing something here, but why should the waiting side be
looping on anything ? It just waits for the object to be unlocked, then
gets its data (which may be NULL in case of problem) from its private
structure. I need some more hints to fix the problem, if there is one.

Regards,
Olivier