[vlc-devel] Tag 0.9.2-rc1 : Jean-Baptiste Kempf : VLC media player 0.9. 2-rc1 - Grishenko

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Thu Sep 11 07:34:31 CEST 2008

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:03:25 -0700, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> > file association does not work, also didn't see a possibility in
> > the options for change
> Association inside the application or in the installre ?

Something is true here.
For this test I focused / remember a limited set of extensions.

At install time I left the defaults. After successful instalation, .flv
was associated properly, .avi was *not* associated. Until then the .avi
was associated with Windows Media Player 11.
(by "associated" I mean that when clickig on the respective file type
the file should play with the associated player (and not the icon
shown with that file))

Then, under VLC preferences, file associations, the parent "video"
checkbox was  not checked, but all the child checkboxes yes
(including .avi). I checked the parent video checkbox also, saved the
prefereces, now the .avi works with VLC by default.

Subsequent opening of Windows Media Player does not steal the
association (except when explicitly request for this in his
preferences).

Cristi