[vlc-devel] commit: Small INSTALL.win32 update. (Jean-Baptiste Kempf )
git version control
git at videolan.org
Thu Sep 11 20:19:56 CEST 2008
vlc | branch: master | Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> | Thu Sep 11 20:23:42 2008 +0200| [a3d8d2614a30f0db8d455481b3f26edb6373046a] | committer: Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Small INSTALL.win32 update.
INSTALL.win32 | 10 ++++------
1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
diff --git a/INSTALL.win32 b/INSTALL.win32
index 7de2248..e6c2160 100644
@@ -26,9 +26,6 @@ If you want to build VLC from sources, you can do it in several ways:
- natively on Windows, using cygwin (www.cygwin.com) with or without the
POSIX emulation layer. This is the preferred way to compile vlc if you want
to do it on Windows.
- NOTE: This is the PREFERRED way of building VLC natively (the others
- are not as much tested so expect more difficulties with them).
Read http://wiki.videolan.org/Win32CompileCygwinNew to have a complete HOWTO
- On GNU/Linux, using the mingw32 cross-compiler.
@@ -52,6 +49,7 @@ You first need to download a GNU/Linux cross-compiler version of mingw32.
For Debian GNU/Linux users, you can use the mingw32, mingw32-binutils and
+For Fedora users, you can use mingw-binutils, mingw-gcc-core, mingw-gcc-g++
- compiling natively on Windows with cygwin:
You will need to download and run the setup.exe app from cygwin's web site
@@ -79,9 +77,6 @@ or mpeg4 video decoding, etc...
Depending on your needs you will have to compile/install some or all of these
-* They can be found here (source code):
* We also provide a package with all the libraries already compiled so it is
actually really easy to compile a full-featured version of vlc (these compiled
libraries will only work with mingw or cygwin):
@@ -96,6 +91,9 @@ external libraries.
Please note the "-C /".
+* They can also be found here (source code):
* An automated way of building the contrib libraries is provided in
extra/contrib. It will download, configure and build the libraries.
See the extras/contrib/README for more info.
More information about the vlc-devel