[vlc-devel] Mac OS X command-line for streaming plays audio on host computer instead

Dave Still dave at stilldesigning.com
Fri Sep 12 01:08:46 CEST 2008

I just gave the new 0.9.2-rc1 test package for Mac OS X a whirl, and
ran into a problem while trying to stream flash from VLC.  I used the
following command-line:

/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC -vvv -I http '/Users/
stealthdave/Movies/test.ty' --sout
"#transcode{vcodec=FLV1,acodec=mp3,samplerate=22050,audio-
sync,ab=64,vb=256,canvas-width=320,canvas-
height=240,channels=2}:std{access=http{mime=video/x-
flv},mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv},dst=0.0.0.0:8090/stream.flv}"

Rather than producing a stream for another player, I hear the audio
play on the host computer.  Nothing comes through on the Flash player
at the other end.  I tried multiple video sources that all play
normally in VLC, and got the same results.  This was working with the
0.9.0 nightlies about a month ago.  Has something changed, or is this
a bug?

Thanks,
- Dave