[vlc-devel] code conventions : line width ?

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Fri Sep 12 09:58:36 CEST 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:30:14 +0200, Sébastien Escudier
<sebastien-devel at celeos.eu> wrote:
> I can't find maximum line width convention in source code.
> http://wiki.videolan.org/Code_Conventions
> This is not documented.
> Is there an implicit rule?

79 characters not counting the newline character (yes, some places do not
follow this). We do not use tabs neither double-width characters, so we
don't need to troll about tabular width.

That being noted I really dislike some of the conventions (Our Hungarian
notation is sometimes harmful. The parenthesizing is insane for not
matching what about every else agrees on).