[vlc-devel] Bug reports

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Mon Sep 15 18:48:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

Unfortunately we are getting a tons of bug report for the Mac version.
Most of them are not exploitable because the stack trace isn't
complete.

I'll suggest that we:
1- Turn on assert() even on release built. It happens that we didn't
test at all what happens when an assert fails (most of us build with
--enable-debug). It would be safer to have them IMO.
2- Probably turns most options that help when reading a stack trace.
3- Think of sending the -vvv output log along with the stack trace if
size allows.

(Of course this only applies to Mac OS X builds)

Pierre.