[vlc-devel] commit: macosx: Properly relaunch VLC when asked for. (Pierre d'Herbemont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Tue Sep 16 15:53:47 CEST 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:34:45 +0200,  wrote:
> I've back-ported this commit for reference but we will need to rework
> it before the next release. The posix-spawn-API isn't part of the
> 10.4u SDK and therefore doesn't compile with it.

Hmmph. I do not really understand what the point of posix_spawn-then-exit
is. posix_spawn() replaces fork-then-exec. If you want to exit anyway, why
don't you just exec()? And if you really need to posix_spawn() due to the
would-be crappy Apple run-time, then you are totally screwed (as in broken
behavior or no 10.4 support).